aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe&rae

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have have a 14 biocube that has been up and running for about 2yr, i moved it so now it has no live rock just the sand and the only livestock Is a few crabs I have left to just keep the system going. My issue is the massage aiptasia out break!! I dont wanna buy any livestock to bust eat them and I tried to inject them with boiling water and it just made a ton of tiny ones appear a few days later. My question is there anything I can do that won't hurt the stability of my tank ??

Sounds like a 2 person job. Or at least some dexterity to scrape and vacuum at the same time. At least those on the glass. Any time one of those gets squished or busted up, they will multiply.

Nope, what it does is clog their mouths, so you have to squeeze it right on their mouths, not hard to do but it is time consuming. There's not really anything that will treat the whole tank.

You MIGHT get lucky with a peppermint shrimp, but i think it's going to be a slow process either way.

I've done both the peppermint and aip x methods. I used the aip X to kill the big guys until there were only tiny ones left, then added a pep and he took care of the tiny guys (as in <.5")

But then again, I did get lucky with a pep that ate aiptasia

Back
Top Bottom