Andrea's 29 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wondering about this light. Found one for sale on craigslist. Wondering if it would be better than the odyssea t5 that was recommended before.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For that money, I would skip that light for one with more powerful LEDs. There are lots of options, but in general I'd look for something with 3w LEDs pushing atleast 100 lumen per watt

I can get the light for $100 or i can get the odyssea t5 for like $70-$80 i think. Not really looking to spend more than $150 right now and i cannot have anything that hangs, so i think my options are somewhat limited

So i screwed up, i got the wrong kind of sand, it's live sand, but it looks just like beach sand, like super fine. The water wont clear up and i hate the way the sandbed looks. Should i take all the water and rock out again and take this sand out or should i pour the sand i want on top of whats already there?

Changed the sand, its super cloudy but i can already tell that i like it way better. I think the rock work looks pretty good too, have to see when i clears up though. Cycle time :)

Still cant decide if i want to run 2 filters or just one. I was thinking one filter with the filter media and the other filter with chemipure and purigen, or should i just put it all in one.

Rocks didnt turn out the same as i had them before the sand change, i liked them better before. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413434453.781450.jpg

Cycle has been done for a few days, did a water change and changed up my rocks again, think i might actually leave it alone this time hahaImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414471567.605467.jpg

Again, i'm not sure if i like the rocks :( ready to get some life in this tank though. Thinking about a DIY aquaclear 70 hob fuge, any input?

Back
Top Bottom