Anemone in biocube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dirk33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 29g coralife biocube. Will a BTA be ok in here under the stock lighting. I've heard differing opinions and was wondering if someone could speak from experience.
Thanks!
D

What lighting is the stock lighting? I know they come different ways, also how old is the tank set up? What's in the tank now?

DWilliams said:
What lighting is the stock lighting? I know they come different ways, also how old is the tank set up? What's in the tank now?

Stock lighting is 1 36w fluorescent 10,000k and 1 36w fluorescent actinic.
Tank is new. About 3.5 weeks, live rock and sand and just put two clowns in this weekend who seem to be doing great

I don't think a bta will thrive with stock lighting. I have a bc29 with stock lighting and bought a green bta. It did fine for a day or 2 but is struggling now. I plan an led upgrade soon and hope he survives til then. IMO don't do it until you have better lighting.

Look at the top right of pic. That's the bta ...... It looks much better when actinics are on for sunset / sunrise ltg.

Attachments

• image-2988036725.jpg
    image-2988036725.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 218
Not to mention the tank is 3.5 weeks old. Way to new and unstable for a nem. Is the tank cycled?

Tank did cycle. I used a raw shrimp.
I know the tank is too new to put an anemone in there now, just wondering if the lights would be sufficient when the tank is mature.

spoonman said:
Not to mention the tank is 3.5 weeks old. Way to new and unstable for a nem. Is the tank cycled?

How old should a tank be before adding an anemone? How will I know when the tank is ready?
Thanks
D

Stock lighting? Don't do it, it won't do well, don't waste the money.

They need strong light to survive. If you put one in under stock lighting and have corals in it already that nem will move around a lot trying to find a happy home with enough flow and enough light. While doing so it sting most corals along the way.

Back
Top Bottom