Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, ok. Here's the deal. I have a newly cycled tank, and my hope is to later on...like a couple more months or so, get an anemone. The fact is, I have a 12g Nano cube. I just want to get a small one that my clowns can hang out in. What would be the smalles/best kind of anemone i could get?

First off you will need to wait at least until your tank is 6 months old, preferably 12 months. Next, most any anemone is going to get pretty big. That being said I would recommend either a bubble tip or a long tentacle. It is also going to depend on what type of clowns you have. My perculas are hosting in a clump of hairy mushrooms and won't touch any of the 3 kinds of anemones I have in my tank. However we did have a long tentacle previously that they loved until it got into the filter intake and was murdered. Determine what kind of clowns you have then check out the clown compatibility chart on the home page to see what you might be most successful with.

if you have false perculas, i have found that bulb anemone's are perfect. Every clown ive had experience with especiall percula, false percula, and oscellaris LOVE rose bulb anemones. Furthermore the anemone doesn't grow very fast. Also, if you have the right equipment you dont necessarily have to wait 6-12 months. I got my rose anemone 2 months after i cycled my tank and now ive had him for almost a year and he's doing wonderful. Check my gallery and see if you like how he looks. Also in my gallery you'll see a Yellow anemone. Thats a sebae anemone and ive seen them sold in very small compact sizes perfect for a nanocube. HTH . :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 03-03-05_0023.jpg
    03-03-05_0023.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom