anenome hermit crab, anyone have one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is it a pom pom crab? They hold an anemone in eat claw and robb the anemone when they catch food. I have never had one. But might be hard to keep. Unless you target feed.

i think he means an actual nem with a nem crab, never had one but if you got one you'd have to make sure the nem got food instead of the crab eating it all

they have them on live aquaria if you look. theyare hermit crabs that stick anemones on their backs for protection. i was wondering if their reef safe and 14 gallon compatable

just looked up the pom pom crab, thi isnt what i meant but it looks very cool aswell! i read they are easy to care for and do well in nano reefs. any personal expierence with them from anyone?

I have no experience with pom poms or a hermit with a nem on it. I know pom poms tend to drop their nems. I dont know what happens after that. And a hermit with a nem, what if the nem leaves the shell? Those are my concerns.
I have had a nem crab and a nem lobster. They are also cool. They just hang out in the nem.

I alos read that the pom poms dropping their nems usually only happens if the water quality levels are bad but thats just what ive read and even without the nems, i still like them so are they fish safe? and yea i saw the anemone crabs that live in them, they look really neat

I had two pom pom crabs and they use their little anemones to catch food. Only one of mine lasted for about 6 months maybe. I had to feed the tank cyclopeeze because i dont believe he was able to catch the larger pieces plus the other fish ate them up very quickly. He was very neat to watch though :)

okay well i decided that when theyre avaiable at my lfs im definetly getting one or two :). while were on the subject of crabs, does anyone know if my blue and red legged hermit crabs will eat a shrimp pellet? i bought these for my freshwater cory cats

Back
Top Bottom