Anthelia + Hammer... ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a TON of Anthelia for my 3G pico today (no seriously, at least 30 polyps all at least 8 in. tall), and a few of them brush against my hammer from time to time. My question is, could there be any real conflict?

Also, on a side note, how direct lighting do anthelia need? I have them against the back wall of my DT right now, hoping that they'll form a sort of natural looking wall against the back.

Medium to high light and flow for the anthelia. And yeah that hammer could mess it up pretty bad, it's pretty sensitive IME

Medium to high light and flow for the anthelia. And yeah that hammer could mess it up pretty bad, it's pretty sensitive IME

Thanks Red, I just split the colony and moved it to the sides of the tank (more light, flow, and more visible :) )

Speaking of hammers, this one is growing quite fast from what I know of them! Many "arms" (heads? stalks?) have divided in less than two weeks.

Once things are perfect for them to grow, they go like weeds. This is what happened with my hammer coral, when I found the 'sweet spot' for them.
In terms of them rubbing against the polyps and soft coral, they can sting them and the polyps release chemicals to keep the stinging at bay.

Back
Top Bottom