Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Anyone with exp with a Fluval Spec?

I was visiting an LFS and saw the Fluval Spec. Does anyone have any experience with running a SW nano with one of these?

I'm running LEDs on my 90G at home and am growing SPS without issue. I am not thinking that the LEDs on this one will grow SPS but it should be more than enough for small nano corals (LPS, zoas, etc.).

The idea is to put a small SW nano tank on my desk. I don't want it to take up too much room. Perhaps a slightly larger tank, but it can't take up too much realestate.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

The LEDs included with the Spec won't grow anything, FYI.

That said, shoot Badfishofbabylon a PM, he's got two running. One with 2 50/50 coralife bulbs and one with 5(?) LEDs, both running great and looking amazing

Old 05-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Really? That sucks. I mean, it's a pretty small tank and I wan't expecting much but I thought it would have been fine for some zoas or less-light critical softies. I'll definitely send badfishofbabylon a PM. Thanks for the advice.

Tags
fluval, fluval spec, spec, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com