Aquascaping Established Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bretr30

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all!

I’ve had my 14G Biocube reef tank set up for about 6 months now and really don’t like the way I set up my aquascape. There’s dead spots and also just not very appealing to look at. I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to be able to change up my live rock set up without having any issues in my tank.

I have 6 pieces of live rock currently in my tank with sand bed.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!IMG_7108.jpg

Welcome To AA!

We are hear to help unfortunately I'm not the greatest a sw so I'm still a learning so I can't help you much.

If you aren't happy with it, play with it. Move the rock around. Try to make as many caves and crevices as you can. It might be that you need to break one to scape with.

If you aren't happy with it, play with it. Move the rock around. Try to make as many caves and crevices as you can. It might be that you need to break one to scape with.

Thanks for the advice! I ended up breaking up one of the big rocks and much happier with it now!
Thanks again!

Glad it worked out! Large pieces are just hard to work with in smaller systems. When I set up my 36 bowfront, I ended up with a piece of plating rock from the Caribbean that was as large as my chest. I broke up others but couldn't bring myself to break that one. So I used it as a base...it's still with me to this day inside the Red Sea Max system.

If you were stirring everything up, might want to plan a large water change in case the levels got thrown out of whack.

Pics of the new layout?

Back
Top Bottom