Are nano reefs easiers to keep than bigger saltwater aquaria ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonesy99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are these any easiers to keep and if not which is the easiest type of saltwater aquaria ?

Nope most people will tell you they are harder because water volume is smaller leading to mistakes getting out of control quicker. They say start bigger.

As mentioned above the answer is No. More water volume is more forgiving when it comes to mistakes and water issues. I always suggest someone go with a bigger tank like a 55 gallon first and then for a challenge go with the nano tank. Just my experience.

+1 Melosu58

Smaller tanks are more of a challenge to keep due to the limited water volume. When parameters go south, they go quickly. :)

I have a 4g all the way up to a 125g and I find I spend more time on my 4g pico than I do on the 125g!

55g is a great startup size in my opinion, if you must go smaller I found that my first sw tank, a 29g was a good place to start as well. If you are tight on space that is. The 29g is 30" long while a 55g is 48" long.

Hope that helped. :)

However, a smaller tank is easier to afford to do it properly. Bigger is better, but you have to stay small enough to do it properly. I have seen it many times where people get a cheap tank on craigslist but then can't afford to get enough rock, adequate lighting, a big enough skimmer, etc. and then can't figure out why the tank isn't thriving.

Back
Top Bottom