Are Pico's REALLY that hard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were 2 gobies recommended to me by my LFS. A Panda or a Catalina. The Catalinas are
cooler water fish, so I keep my tank at 74... He is actually in QT at my LFS as we speak :cool: I will have him and 2 or 3 sexy shrimp, and then some corals (mostly softies, but I'm still learning about corals to be honest)

Aww, those are so cute. Would it be possible to have one clown goby or catalina goby along with a few sea horses? (Dwarfs)
The clown gobies only get 1.5" so they would fit. On melevs reef, he has a 2 gallon with one clown goby and a dwarf sea horse, but I'm wondering if this is a good idea?

Aww, those are so cute. Would it be possible to have one clown goby or catalina goby along with a few sea horses? (Dwarfs)
The clown gobies only get 1.5" so they would fit. On melevs reef, he has a 2 gallon with one clown goby and a dwarf sea horse, but I'm wondering if this is a good idea?

I wouldn't personally as the clown goby in my 55 got to be a decent size and is actually pretty active... I'm not familiar with seahorses except that they prefer low flow, which you corals typically REQUIRE higher flow... But maybe someone with seahorse experience can chime in I don't want to give you bad info!

That's odd about your clown goby, but aren't panda gobies a color variation of regular clowns?

That's odd about your clown goby, but aren't panda gobies a color variation of regular clowns?

I believe so... Maybe my LFS had an experience with a Panda in a nano, or maybe they just work out better lol. I dunno! I do know that the Catalinas are very small ( they ordered one in and lost it because it was like 1/4" long) and may be a better fit for a 2 gallon. I can't wait to pick mine up.

But yea, my clown got pretty big. A dude I buy some of my fish stuff from said it was the biggest clown goby he's ever seen...

lol, that's pretty crazy! I'm really hoping I could have a few dwarf sea horses and a goby together, that would be awesome.

Get the Pico hang on filter from Drs.Foster&smith.It works great on 3 gallon Pico,I used two for great flow. You can get the small 25 watt heater from Walmart.
Neon goby does great in nano's.
Main thing is good water flow and 50% water change every two weeks.

You could do a seahorse with a goby. But there is A LOT you have to understand before getting a seahorse. They aren't easy

The seahorses will need warmer water than the Catalina goby as the Catalina is a cool water fish. It would be more of an "either or" situation, IMO.

What about a panda clown goby? Also, I have read that seahorses prefer cooler water, and the cooler water will help prevent infections.

What about a panda clown goby? Also, I have read that seahorses prefer cooler water, and the cooler water will help prevent infections.

Seahorses are too delicate to have tankmates IME. You can't even use live rock or live sand. They say its because of hydroids, but both mine and the ones at the zoo (my sister takes care of them) hate anything else in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom