are these frags alive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misskeeter2766

Aquarium Advice Freak
these are the first frags I've purchased.. got them on ebay... they didnt look too secure when they arrived... there were three bags with several frags in each and they looked pretty beaten up...

they are zoa, paly, and mushrooms....

27977-albums892-picture6259.jpg
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/27977-albums892-picture6259.jpg

if they are alive... how long will it take before they open?

The toadstool leather has been happy.. and mad... and happy.. and mad... LOL... he's mad in the middle pic cause I'd just placed him (btw.. what's the trick with epoxy? I suck at it!)

Lord i hate epoxy, maybe because i suck at it too.. but it's messy as heck. I was leaving white fingerprints everywhere lol, and that stuff doesn't come off unless you use rubbing alcohol.

Right now, the only thing that will be the deciding factor to whether they are dead or alive, is time, and/or whether they open up. Just keep an eye on them for the next week, and if they still aren't opening up then it's possibly they could be dying. However that third picture looks pretty gross lol.

It can take zoas and palys a week or more to open up. I recently got some that were shipped overnight and it still took them over a week to open up. I was getting worried too. I searched forums and most threads I found said to give them up to 2 weeks before you really worry. :)

The mushroom will probably take the same amount of time. Usually shrooms and zoas/palys I get take atleast a couple days.

Did you just get them today?

I got them 2 days ago... they don't really look any different...

the frags came from ebay.. the toadstool leather came from saltwaterfish.com... all of their stuff looked great and is doing great...

Back
Top Bottom