ATO advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drfu

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an Innovative Marine Nuvo 8, i leave the lid off and am now getting quite a bit of evaporation daily now that its summer. I am thinking of the JBJ ato because of price and would like to hear from others who either have owned it in the past or are using it now on what you all think of this piece. Would really like to know how well it works out of the box or mods needed, thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

One thing I failed to realize is it does not come with a pump lol. Other than that I've had no issues with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I currently run 3 jbj's ato's and have never had a failure or issue with them. Iuse a maxijet 400 for the pump and other cheap low flow pumps. Works excellent, they have been running for a couple years with never a problem.

i also run a tunze nano ato on my 40b, not much more and it comes with a pump. That one I have been running for a few months and so far no issues. It is built so that it wont overflow a nano, it only pumps a small amount of water over like 1.5 minutes then auto shuts off. It has a hose clamp to latch onto the tank/sump which is very handy. Ipaid $75 on ebay for one and they are like $120 i think new. But definitely an awesome ato.

If it were me, I would prob go with the tunze nano as its suited specially for smaller tanks.

I currently run 3 jbj's ato's and have never had a failure or issue with them. Iuse a maxijet 400 for the pump and other cheap low flow pumps. Works excellent, they have been running for a couple years with never a problem.

i also run a tunze nano ato on my 40b, not much more and it comes with a pump. That one I have been running for a few months and so far no issues. It is built so that it wont overflow a nano, it only pumps a small amount of water over like 1.5 minutes then auto shuts off. It has a hose clamp to latch onto the tank/sump which is very handy. Ipaid $75 on ebay for one and they are like $120 i think new. But definitely an awesome ato.

If it were me, I would prob go with the tunze nano as its suited specially for smaller tanks.

I just bought the Tunze Nano, it was easy to install, no extra parts needed and like you say, works greatn no issues, thx for the input

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom