Baby / larval Camel Shrimp!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
I can't possibly get a pic of them - so tiny, but I read after googling camel shrimp babies - what are newly arrived Camel shrimp Babies, a hundred or more, like a swarm of them!!!

There are sooooo many! I guess I have the requisite male and female, one is huge!!!

I was just going to brag about how they - the parents will stand on the rocks and catch their pellets, now almost all the time!!! Then I see something strange.. looks like a few cells each make up the tail then a few for the body which is a little thicker than the tail. Some reports are that they will survive but there are a few hermits in there I think they might eat them. I am not sure some say the morning they were dead. I feel very privileged that I even got to see the little guys!!!

Anyone successfully raise these guys or other SW shrimp?

This is in my little 5G Chi tank btw. No filter. No pwc tomorrow I guess unless they are dead.

Here is a pic of the poppa shrimp and the tiny white dots in the water are the babies.

(konw it is a mess of water spots and salt creep from the air bubbler but pwc day was today but now i am not going to do one.) Did wipe off the outside of the glass though.

I will gradually add in a little water from evap hopefully as to not mess up the little ones. Maybe a cup every few hours.

I am wondering if after trying to get out the Hermit Crabs, if the Pods will eat the baby shrimp too there are a bunch of them in there. Just not gonna worry too much if they had babies this time they will likely have them again. Still pretty excited.

Hoping the reduced number in the water just mean that the majority are now moving from larval planktonic to teeny tiny shrimp hiding in the rock. Surely there will be those which die off anyway buy really would LOVE to see at least a handful make it.

This little tank doesn't get messed with inside, mainly I have it to be able to grow some Macro Algae that my Urchin can't get to. I have been waffling on whether to just add everything to the 35G to make things simple - simple, a word I can't seem to wrap my head around, lol.

This tank has Purple Garnet sand with LR and the rubble of the other tank and no permanent light but I think I will throw a clip light on there.

No filter just the air bubbler and about every 7-10 days pwc. Depending on how it is looking with feeding is usually 10-25%.

60074-albums14401-picture69166.jpg

60074-albums14401-picture69167.jpg

60074-albums14401-picture69168.jpg

Congrats on the swarm. I read where they will feed on rotifers early on and BBS later. Hope at least a few make it to maturity.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom