Baby monster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The boss of the house(wife) wants a small tank in the living room. My 180 is in my den(second floor can't hold 2000lbs). I have a 10g tank and heater. I am going to assume the rules are the same as bigger tanks except more frequent top offs are needed. It is planned as a reef tank, so what would be a good filtration scheme to go with? Would a regular 20'' t5(non HO) light do the trick. I found one on ebay, 4 bulb 72w with 12000k bulbs and 2 actinics(would swap the actincs for 2 more 12000k bulbs). Or is tsho the best way to go? I don't want to spend $300 on a light if possible.

I dont see you needing any HO light for such a shallow tank. I put leds over a 12in cube tank and scared the you know what out of my corals. :-(

Also, an ATO is more than a good idea. I cant tell you how bad it sucks to go pour water in a tank 3 times a day. Salinity swings are bad.

Matt

My 10g qt tank would only evaporate around .5g a day. I measured every day for top offs. Even still, I can run the tubing up from my ro unit. I have a double valve setup for it. Could I use some kind of AC filter, or could I make a 5g fuge and that work better? I am a strong believer in housing macroalgae. Would that and a 50gph powerhead work? I don't think anyone makes a 50 or 75gph overflow, do they?

Back
Top Bottom