Bad nem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know what they're called but don't know how to spell it so I'm not going to butcher the name lol but I have the brown nems that can over run the tank. Believe theyre also called glass nems
But anyone know how to get rid of this problem
They killed my torch coral :/

Aiptasia or majano nems are both pests and can be eliminated by AiptasiaX - worked well for me.

it's the first one, how can i prevent them from coming back?

Once they are removed physically or with something like aiptasiaX, they shouldn't come back. If they do come back, either all were not removed, or one or so somehow survived the treatment.

There's not much you can do to prevent them from coming back. Dip your corals, acclimate your fish well and don't get any of the LFS water into your tank etc.

Best bet is to get rid of what you have. If the rock can be removed from your tank, using a lighter or cooking torch to burn them has worked the best for me. You can also inject hot lemon juice, kalk paste, and other commerical products (aiptasia X, Joe's Juice) directly into the anemone.

AquaRick said:
There's not much you can do to prevent them from coming back. Dip your corals, acclimate your fish well and don't get any of the LFS water into your tank etc.

Best bet is to get rid of what you have. If the rock can be removed from your tank, using a lighter or cooking torch to burn them has worked the best for me. You can also inject hot lemon juice, kalk paste, and other commerical products (aiptasia X, Joe's Juice) directly into the anemone.

Thanks for the info im going to try the shrimp first then if it doesn't work I'll try other methods
I don't like adding the chems to my water but if I have to I will

I had a cleaner shrimp get eaten y by aptasia a while back. $21.00 that I'll never get back.

Sorry to hear that
I bought a few peppermint shrimp hoping theyd take care of them but the haven't touched them yet

Back
Top Bottom