BC29 updated pics tank is 9+ months old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been overwhelmed with PM's asking for update pics of my bio cube since its been running without a skimmer for about 2 months.

I know some probably are sick of seeing it lol. But here it is. I've been asked about my corals and how they are doing without a skimmer also. Well the pictures tell the story.

Water parameters are all in check with the exception of my alk and cal. I've upped my 2 part dosing to 8mL's of B-ionic 2 part. Some have suggested the low alk and cal is due to a burst in coral growth, I believe those members to be correct.

Also the MP10 has been on lagoon mode at 70% for some time now and everything seems to be fine.

So I want to thank everyone for asking about my tank and for all the kind words.

Makes me feel really good, this is my first saltwater tank and I was very very nervous when I started.

So please enjoy the pics and thanks again for all the PM's an emails etc.

image-2415969012.jpg

image-1094770818.jpg

image-2916063100.jpg

image-1544536364.jpg

image-3224133430.jpg

image-3801441755.jpg

image-1822021182.jpg

image-2082936482.jpg

image-453597379.jpg

image-870327287.jpg

image-723448036.jpg

image-346384306.jpg

Attachments

• image-1770698870.jpg
    image-1770698870.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image-459785389.jpg
    image-459785389.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 156
Andrew McFadden said:
Nice bro! Always love this tank my kids just got done checking out nemo. Glad all is good after taking out the skimmer :)

Thanks Andy!! So far so good!

Hey Con looks even better than last times pics. You get a sps? Looks like a monti. Have you ever had problems with chem warefare? Like with different groups of coral? You def need a bigger tank to support your salty addiction lol :)

Also, for the 8 gal, did you ever glue the Xenia to the wall? Ive got a little stalk of blue metallic upon the powerhead outlet and it's doin well

Looking good bro. Need to get to the store now lol

Gboy66 said:
Hey Con looks even better than last times pics. You get a sps? Looks like a monti. Have you ever had problems with chem warefare? Like with different groups of coral? You def need a bigger tank to support your salty addiction lol :)

Also, for the 8 gal, did you ever glue the Xenia to the wall? Ive got a little stalk of blue metallic upon the powerhead outlet and it's doin well

I haven't had chemical warfare yet but I keep a close eye on things just incase. I'm sure with all the corals something is bound to happen. I'll just keep watching. Yeah I have 2 monti's, one is growing like CRAZY!! I bumped up my 2 part doing to 8mL's everyday until my cal and alk get to where I want it.

I haven't done the xena yet. I will this weekend.

And thanks!!

Love it! What an inspiration :D! Oh you missed a spot on the sand, better cover that up :lol:. Could stare at it forever :popcorn: Excellent job!

Dino, your tank is looking great. I wish I had 10% of the success you have had with this setup so far. Keep up the good work.

22engine said:
He is alive

Haha I'm here brother. I've been looking for your thread. I'm subscribe to so many threads lol. I'll be in touch. We need to catch up. I'm sure the tank is doing awesome as usual!

The photos of your tank are awesome! Are you having any problems with anything in your tank being so close to the top, near the light? I would love to build mine up that high!

Wood82ABN said:
The photos of your tank are awesome! Are you having any problems with anything in your tank being so close to the top, near the light? I would love to build mine up that high!

Nothing to report as of yet.

Can I ask what the coral is in the 8th pic, I need one of those in my tank.lol

mrwizard said:
Can I ask what the coral is in the 8th pic, I need one of those in my tank.lol

My open brain garden or the candy cane behind it. I forgot the scientific name of the brains but I'll find out.

Convict2161 said:
My open brain garden or the candy cane behind it. I forgot the scientific name of the brains but I'll find out.

Yeah It must be the open brains, this one?
Love the colours on these

Attachments

• image-3662412359.jpg
    image-3662412359.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom