Beck's 29g BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it looks purple to me, that is the correct color. :) Might be a tad too purple but it should be ok. :)
I wouldnt stress the diatoms, they will pass it happens to everyone.

it looks purple to me, that is the correct color. :) Might be a tad too purple but it should be ok. :) I wouldnt stress the diatoms, they will pass it happens to everyone.

Thanks for the quick response Carey! Yea I'm just stressing a lil too much because of the spike but everything else looked ok I thought. I guess it gets worse before it gets better?

Yeah, it will get worse most likely. lol Not much to be done about it though, just a phase usually. Just be sure to keep your lights off while cycling, that can contribute to algae before you even get your first critter in the tank. lol

If I remember correctly, at least in my tanks, it burns itself out in a few weeks, sometimes quicker but be prepared to be looking at it for a while. :)

Some people cant wait and add clean up crew, me, I wouldnt recommend it, specially if you are still in a cycle, dont wanna kill the poor things.

Yeah, it will get worse most likely. lol Not much to be done about it though, just a phase usually. Just be sure to keep your lights off while cycling, that can contribute to algae before you even get your first critter in the tank. lol If I remember correctly, at least in my tanks, it burns itself out in a few weeks, sometimes quicker but be prepared to be looking at it for a while. :) Some people cant wait and add clean up crew, me, I wouldnt recommend it, specially if you are still in a cycle, dont wanna kill the poor things.

The tank finished cycling a month ago. I have a CUC and two clowns in here

Should I wait to add anything else until the diatoms disappear?

IMO you can add stuff, diatoms don't really hurt anything. When I moved to a bigger tank I had a bloom and my tank is stocked with coral. It didn't harm any of them.

Lost an emerald crab today. The other one is doing fine along with all the other tank mates. Parameters are fine. Not sure what happened. Maybe fought the other one?

Back
Top Bottom