Beck's 29g Seahorse Tank(Project Pony)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you doing H. erectus? Or H. kuda? I saw some beautiful H. erectus at the aquarium on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not to sure yet to be honest. Torn between both. Would like to get a pair from ORA and eating mysis. Then again I don't want a pair as I don't know what to do with the fry but I have to get a pair in order to have them lol. Unfourtuantly looks like I'll have to let nature run it's course which will be devastating

Where can you buy seahorses

Goodies from BRS will be here tomorrow and went to lowes today. So hopefully I can get cracking on this and have it running by the weekend

So BRS stuff came and all looks great to start the process. Even got the drill press to dril the bulkhead. Well, two tanks later drilling and cracking them both, this project is at a stand still because I threw my drill. I can honestly say that I have some mechanical knowledge but drilling a bulkhead is ridiculous. As of right now, I'm done....

Ok guys another day. I wrote the previous post in the heat of the moment after cracking two tanks. Not giving up yet but apparently I need practice drilling holes. If there is good news, I have three sides on both tanks to practice on :). Any suggestions drilling are welcome!

Were you running water over it?

Yea but figured out why I cracked them. I left the springs on the drill press and didn't realize how much pressure I was putting on them. Tried with them off and cut a perfect hole. Expensive lesson but at least I know now.

Officially have a bulkhead successfully drilled! Phew I was beginning to worry a bit. Need a few more pvc couplers and I should get it finished by tomorrow.

Shoulda painted the back of the tank man!

And hard to believe, she works great! No issues. Looks like I need to make a few gallons of water and get some rock and sand. So pumped!!

Back
Top Bottom