Beck's 29g Seahorse Tank(Project Pony)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, I have been non stop reading for the last week, I just got ordered a big order of macro algaes, my seahorses are also tank raised and eating frozen mysis and brine shrimp. The only thing I'm worried about is im afraid I may have a little to much flow

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea, I have been non stop reading for the last week, I just got ordered a big order of macro algaes, my seahorses are also tank raised and eating frozen mysis and brine shrimp. The only thing I'm worried about is im afraid I may have a little to much flow

Where did you order from? I am almost set on Ocean Rider. That's what I will have to figure out is flow. Especially when I get some gorgs in there

I ordered kudas through my lfs, they assured me that they are captive bred and take frozen food, im not going to purchase them unless I see them eat frozen food.

Just get the dang ponies already!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Where did you order from? I am almost set on Ocean Rider. That's what I will have to figure out is flow. Especially when I get some gorgs in there

Btw I ordered kudas because I have read in a couple places that they can deal with more flow than other species

Btw I ordered kudas because I have read in a couple places that they can deal with more flow than other species

Yea I read that too. Getting a pair eating frozen is a must IMO. Did you go with a pair or two from the same?

I ordered a pair, I am resetting up another tank as we speak to go through a cycle to keep fry if I can get them to breed. I'm glad there is someone else going through the same thing to actually speak to, there is a lot of conflicting information on these guys. So it's nice to actually be able to communicate about them

I ordered a pair, I am resetting up another tank as we speak to go through a cycle to keep fry if I can get them to breed. I'm glad there is someone else going through the same thing to actually speak to, there is a lot of conflicting information on these guys. So it's nice to actually be able to communicate about them

Yea that's what pushed me towards getting two males. No way I can deal with my other tank plus seahorse tank then fry tank. Oh yea so many opinions vs. facts

I have no room to talk though...that 40 breeder is just collecting dust in my closet :(

I have read so much stuff and it's sort of a guess on who is most reliable, I have read things that say no live rock or no powerheads, I can't find an agreed habitat to keep them in, it's so debated on everything I've read

I have read so much stuff and it's sort of a guess on who is most reliable, I have read things that say no live rock or no powerheads, I can't find an agreed habitat to keep them in, it's so debated on everything I've read

I hear ya man. I'm going with LR and some softies and a light powerhead

I hear ya man. I'm going with LR and some softies and a light powerhead

My tank has quite a bit of live rock and some corals, I'm going more with a lot of macro algae rather than branching corals here is my set up

Attachments

• 1429643544413.jpg
    1429643544413.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 110
My tank has quite a bit of live rock and some corals, I'm going more with a lot of macro algae rather than branching corals here is my set up

Looking good! I have about the same in LR. I think around 40lbs. Some in the sump as well. Big water change tomorrow but might be on hold for a bit. Looking at a house and not sure if I want to add yet. Bitter sweet but I don't want to move two active tanks

Well ive encountered my first seahorse problem, make sure you have the back of your powerhead blocked off very well, they are adventurous and apparently really like the backs of powerheads

Picture are always welcome! Love to see your set up so far and your new arrivals.

Back
Top Bottom