beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdreynolds44

Aquarium Advice Newbie
okay i need some help here. i am new to the forum and being a salt water tank owner. i have a 10 gallon nano. i have 25 lbs of live rock and some live sand. i have a rio nano skimmer and the saltwater i put in was pre mixed from petco. i also have a t5 ho light and 50 watt heater. now i just set all this up today. with this pre mix do i still need to cycle the tank? the live rock is cultured. if i do need to cycle it how do i do so? and am i missing anything? how long till i can start growing polyps and all? when can i add fish and what fish besides clowns are suitable for a 10 gallon? i appricate any help i can get! thanksssss!!!!

okay i need some help here. i am new to the forum and being a salt water tank owner. i have a 10 gallon nano. i have 25 lbs of live rock and some live sand. i have a rio nano skimmer and the saltwater i put in was pre mixed from petco. i also have a t5 ho light and 50 watt heater. now i just set all this up today. with this pre mix do i still need to cycle the tank? the live rock is cultured. if i do need to cycle it how do i do so? and am i missing anything? how long till i can start growing polyps and all? when can i add fish and what fish besides clowns are suitable for a 10 gallon? i appricate any help i can get! thanksssss!!!!

well first off all your equipment sounds good and did the sand have water in the bag? If the water is from petco i would definitely test it with an API Master Test Kit for saltwater and that will determine if you need to cycle or not. After you test the water and if its properly cycled then you can get fish and corals and clowns actually need 20 gallons but im sure you could add a single one if you wanted. go to this website and go to the nanofish section and you can find some cool fish but you will probably end up with a goby of some sort a shrimp and possibly a clownfish. liveaquaria.com . Good Luck!

Your set up most definitely sounds good. With salt water its always good to be patient. I would at least wait a few weeks before adding live stock. As far as your stock list with a 10gal your options are limited but like stated above that's a good web site and your are probably gong to have gobies and shrimp. Good luck

ok so i was scared to try the shrimp thing but all of mu levels have been perfect so i went and got a test fish. i know its wrong but whatever. he is still alive and swimming around hapily and ammoina still hasnt spiked so i guess the water dosent need to be cycled?

Back
Top Bottom