Beginner's Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amphibianboy528

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well,
I intend to put some anemones in my 20 gallon nano-reef tank that is now only holding 2 percula clowns.I don't really expect them to live in the anemone but I think It would loof nice in the tank.I would like to add some small anemones that don't get too big for a twenty-gallon aquarium.I was thinking of two beadd-let anmones but I don't know how to take care of them.The LFS said they need some special type of lightnig and sometimes you have to put some sort of liquid to feed them.
Thanks Guys!!

get roses they are the easies to keep IMO and those percs have a pretty good change of hosting in them

Roses???Is that a apecies of anemone???Also I want to know what kind of special lightning the anemones need and what to put in the water to feed them.

I have a green bubble tip and it is doing so well. I have about 7 watts/gallon of VHO, but I think you can get away with 4 watts per gallon for a bubble tip, they are extremely hardy. I can reccomment the website where I got mine. The reason I do is because it's the only one that survived in my tank, it is tank raised which is the best choice you can make, trust me!

What type of lighting do you currently have on your 20 gal? You should still have 3-5 watts/gal of CF lighting to keep anenomes. Instead of adding "anenomes" I would just stick with one in a 20. I love the idea of the rose BTA. They are relatively low-light anenomes and are pretty hardy. Look for one that is captive raised and they are even more hardy.

well,yea one anemone,but i don't really know the lightning.It was just kinda a present.I think is is some sort of atinic lightning.It is really bright and gives a blue hue to the tank.

Lighting is going to be the key. It is important to identify the type of lighting you currently have before moving forward. How many bulbs are in the light you have? Is it the regualr hood or fixute that came with your tank? How long are they?

well,i looked at a pictures on the internet and thought they looked cool.Can anybody show me their anemone.And also i need to know what to feed it.And what kind of lightning is the best for these anemones.I also want to know if you can put them with cherub or coral beauty angelfish,yellow or canary wrasse,fire dartfishes, neon gobies,and bangaii and pajama cardinal fishes.This is not the list of fish i am add to the tank.But the options of fish I can add.BTW I got this fish off the 20 gallon fish set-up that was in the book "The New Marine Aquarium"By:Micheal S. Paletta.I just copied it off,not buying it. :lol:

My anemone is in my gallery with my beloved clownfish. I am actually looking in to getting a tank raised rose bubble tip also because I am going to attempt (that, I realize is the key word) to pair my maroon with a much smaller maroon. My husband LOVES the Rose BTA. Personally, I favor the one I have :wink:

Yes, mine does all the time, but you can also feed them yourself if you want, they'll take the food right from your hand. You can feed them pieces of silversides or what you are feeding your clown basically. I make sure mine has some meat in eat, but I have seen my clown take algae wafers to it and it takes it like nothing.

I am not familar with this type of anemone...Lando do you know? If you are feeding it yourself you just can do it by hand by placing the food very close to the tentacles and it should grab it on it's own (it doesn't sting, just feels sticky for a second) or I have seen my LFS use a wooden skewer(sp???) and it will grab it from that also.

so it won't sting,becuz the site i got info from said it stings and will cause your hand to be paralized for at least 2 hours.Also how often should I feed them?

I have touched many different types of anemone's and have yet to get stung. :mrgreen:

Oh yea, dont go around touching them..... :wink:

I just did a search and could find no info on the "bead-let" anenome. Does it go by another name? I do not ever target feed my anenomes. They get what they need at tank feeding time. A few days ago I sent over an hour rubbing the foot of one of my BTA that was stuck to the glass on the front of my tank. I wanted to move him to my nano. To make a short stroy long...I had no reaction from touching it.

Back
Top Bottom