Best invert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Moyer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New to reefing. I have a biocube 14 with everything stock and I nano 240 powerhead.

What is the best and hardiest invert? Shrimp, starfish, emerald green crabs, other?

New to reefing. I have a biocube 14 with everything stock and I nano 240 powerhead.

What is the best and hardiest invert? Shrimp, starfish, emerald green crabs, other?

Inverts in general are sensitive to water parameters. It's difficult to say what is best because they have different functions in the tank. Some starfish, like sandsifting ones, keep the sand stirred. Crabs go around and eat algae and detritus. Most Shrimp go around and eat leftover food before it can break down.
I love skunk cleaners, they have so much personality and are fun to watch. I have a ruby crab, but hardly see it cuz it's nocturnal. Some people say they'll eat hair algae, some don't. Wish I hadn't gotten mine, actually. Scarlet reef hermits are a nice red and are generally reef safe and less likely to kill other hermits. Nassarius snails are kinda cool to watch surface at dinner time an keep the sand stirred.

It's a matter of what you like the looks of.

Back
Top Bottom