bio balls or lr rubble!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christy1430

Aquarium Advice Activist
As you guys already no.. I'm starting my jbj 12 gallong friday. What do you guys suggest in the 3 compartments of the filter? ...

LR LR LR....go with natural filtration for sure!!!! Bio-balls just creat problems with increased nitrates....LR LR LR!!

Ok so lr is it is. Now the question is: three compartments..what do I put in each?

Compartment 1 : half lr rubble and the filter thin I'm not shure on the name.. But i ts what is used in the wet dry..
Compartment 2: all lr rubble
Compartment 3: half lr rubble my heater and pump that shoots water back to tank

Where can I get the lr rubble

LR Rubble is the way to go. What you described above is similar to what I have. My first compartment is filled half way upwith LR rubble. On top of that I have a small bag of Chemi-pure followed by a couple layers of PURA filtration pads.
Where can I get the lr rubble
You can find it online at a few sites. Your best bet is to go around to the LFS and ask them for rubble that is in the bottom of the LR shipping boxes or, better yet, in the bottom of their LR curing and holding tanks. I got all of mine for free from the LFS.

I did the same thing Lando, my LFS's LR tank was nearly empty and they were getting all the leftover pieces out and I just happened to be there. They must have given me 15lbs of rocks smaller then a golf ball. SCORE!!!! Another LFS has a tank just for nano rock and they sell i for about $2.50 p/lb not a bad price for cured LR rubble I thought.

Back
Top Bottom