Bio cube 29 water level issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've noticed the pass couple of days that the display tank is low and the rear chambers are full. By full I mean chamber 1 looks like its gonna spill over out of the tank. It's moving a lot of water into chamber 2 which has the inTank media basket with floss and purigen. Oh and chamber 1 has elite and the heater. Now chamber 3 is so high you can just see the elbow from the pump to the outtake. The display tank appears to have dropped less then a inch but still noticeable.

I've taken the pump out (MJ1200) cleaned it and put back. Checked under the Tunze skimmer and checked the media basket. All appears to be in order. Not sure what the issue is if any, I'm use to having to top off the rear chamber with distilled water but now I notice there is no need but if I add water to the display tank the rear will over flow (I think) water has to go somewhere right?

Is the tank just not moving enough water all of a sudden? There are no blockages as I've checked for those as well.

I'm at a lose. Could also just be me.

View attachment 90728

View attachment 90729

View attachment 90730

View attachment 90731

View attachment 90732

View attachment 90733

Not sure I any of these will help. Maybe it's just me...

Last edited:
Called the company, cleaned the pump with vinegar and water, works fine now seemed it was bogging down.

I was wondering if you used a mouse pad to quite down your pump. If so, take it out. The glue breaks down over time and will kill your fish. I just read about this. Since I suggested for you to use a mouse pad I wanted to make sure I told you my findings.

Bige said:
I was wondering if you used a mouse pad to quite down your pump. If so, take it out. The glue breaks down over time and will kill your fish. I just read about this. Since I suggested for you to use a mouse pad I wanted to make sure I told you my findings.

Didn't use the mouse pad. Just rolled up some filter floss and that did the trick. Also everything is running real smooth since the cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom