Bio cube skimmer and an aquapod??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I currently just set up my 24 gallon aquapod with the following equipment

Hydor flo
Magfloat
lr rubble

For some I guess "livestock" I guess i have

22 blue legged hermits
22.6lbs of Fiji premium live rock

Ive been adding the following chemicals for about 2 weeks now

Kent marine essential elements
Kent marine Liquid calcium
Kent marine Iodine
Purple up

My perimeters are,

Nitrate-0
Ammonia-0
PH-8.2
Nitrite-0

Can I have an Oceanic bio cube skimmer in the back of my aquapod chamber since I heard bad things about the Current Fission nano skimmer.

By the way I am an newbie to the saltwaterfish hobby! So this is my first tank:eek2:
Please post your oppinions!
Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

• PICT0077.jpg
    PICT0077.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 98
Just wanted to say Welcome to the site! Can't help you with your questions, but I'm sure the salties will be along shortly.

Just wanted to say Welcome to the site! Can't help you with your questions, but I'm sure the salties will be along shortly.
'

Btw I forgot do you think the hydorflo is enough for flow or should I get an powersweep thing:confused:

Has this tank been cycled yet? Is that fully cured LR or is just base rock?
Did you see an increase in ammonia followed by a drop and an increase in nitrites, then a drop followed by an increase in nitrates?
If not, why do you have 22 hermits in there?

WHY are you adding chemicals to a new tank? Especially IODINE which can kill in higher doses. Do you have an iodine test? (RULE #3. Never add anything you don't for first.)

Almost everything you need in the tank is accomplished via normal partial water changes (10% - 20% per week) (RULE #2 Regular PWC's are your friend).

RULE #1 - Nothing GOOD ever happens FAST in a SW tank.

What is the hydor flow attached to?
What other equipment do you have?
I don't mean to shout at you, but you seen headed down the wrong path. I'm hoping to get back on the right path before disaster strikes your tank.
Sorry, I don't know anything about either of those skimmer, but I will say.....

welcometoaa.gif

First and foremost...STOP adding chemicals to the tank. In a nano, regular water changes (at most, every two weeks) are all that are needed to ensure proper water levels. Elements like iodine should never be used in nanos, especially if you are not testing for them. Trust us...regular PWC are all you need.

As far as the skimmer...I have an oceanic in my 12gal nanocube and it fits great. If you can at all get it into your aquapod, I highly suggest it. It is a much better investment for your tank then the chemicals listed above.

Its Done cycling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could I get a yellow tang??

Back
Top Bottom