Biocube 29 first sw adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hard to choose lol and I'm trying to be picky...can't have to many fish

Thanks :) its Macro algae...I got it free from reefs2go, great online place for stuff!

Does anyone have any advice on night time lighting? Should I leave the moonlight on every night all night? Seems a lil much...I have a Biocube and it's stock blue LEDs seem more than would be necessary. Any thoughts??

Does anyone have any advice on night time lighting? Should I leave the moonlight on every night all night? Seems a lil much...I have a Biocube and it's stock blue LEDs seem more than would be necessary. Any thoughts??

Yeah leave it on all night

I disagree, your tank needs some period of total darkness - the moonlights are for your viewing, switch them off when you go to bed and back on in the morning. My tank has total darkness for 8hours each night...

I do have a little light that shines in the room at night...so it's not completely pitch black. I just don't wanna stress out the fish or the inverts. I was trying to find an answer online and in the few books I have but found no definitive answer lol trial an error I suppose :) thanks for the info saltwater peeps!

Your tank looks awesome! I'm just catching up with your thread but 1) have red hermits and they are rad.. 2) have the same tank and I leave the 3 small blue moonlights on all night and switch the main daylight and blue light/fans off. They don't put a ton of light on and my fish haven't had any issues with it. They adjust. I was also told the big blue/black light is really just to enhance colors in the tank but not as necessary like the daylight one is. I know what you mean about being careful about which fish to get! Wish I had a tank big enough for them all!! (I do get emerald crab to eat the bad bubble algae and they are cool to watch too but are more sensitive than my fish. If ph levels get off they die which sucks but are fairly cheap.) Anyways enjoy! This forum is a lifesaver! Love it!

Thanks I appreciate the compliments :) I would like to get more of the LEDs that are made for these tanks and see what it would look like. Makes you wanna go bigger lol in due time I guess...

I decided to just do the same...no since in wasting electricity lol

So I haven't posted on this thread for a long time...thought I'd post some picks!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423962891.690110.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423962910.346018.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423962965.807817.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423963032.771899.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very nice! Wish I was gutsy enough to turn my 29 into a sw tank. Yours is beautiful.

Thanks! I appreciate that...I was a little apprehensive to start mine too but I always wanted one so I just dove in so to speak. But not without months and months of "do I do this...do I do that" and a lot of review reading buying books watching you tube videos and of course Aquarium Advise. I learned a lot of stuff from here!

Back
Top Bottom