Biocube 29 stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I will soon be getting a biocube 29 reef and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for coral, cuc, and fish stocking.
So far I was thinking
2 occelaris clowns
1 watchmen goby
1 flame angel
And maybe down the line when the tank is established and I can breed Copepods and get mandarin?:0
And for coral I have absolutely NO IDEA what I can have with the stock lighting so any suggestions are welcome.
And for a clean up crew I was thinking an emerald crab, 3 cleaner shrimp,and 5 turbo snails.
?????????????????
Haha thanks a head of time.
:)

SleepsWithFish said:
So I will soon be getting a biocube 29 reef and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for coral, cuc, and fish stocking.
So far I was thinking
2 occelaris clowns
1 watchmen goby
1 flame angel
And maybe down the line when the tank is established and I can breed Copepods and get mandarin?:0
And for coral I have absolutely NO IDEA what I can have with the stock lighting so any suggestions are welcome.
And for a clean up crew I was thinking an emerald crab, 3 cleaner shrimp,and 5 turbo snails.
?????????????????
Haha thanks a head of time.
:)

I would go no on the flame angel, as they need more like 40+ gallons AND are not particularly reef safe.

You would need a refugium to breed enough copepods for a mandarin. Instead of a mandarin, have you thought about clown gobies?

You can have soft corals and LPS corals with the stock lighting.

You will need a 100w Heater and a Kolarlia 550 for flow.

For a CUC I would get...

3 Cerith snails
3 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
1 Emerald Crab
1-2 shrimp (peppermint, scarlet skunk cleaner, and blood red fire shrimp are the options) no coral banded shrimp

I am getting a 29 Biocube too and here is my future stocklist FYI

2 Black and White Ocellaris Clowns
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Green Clown Goby

3 Cerith Snails
5 Zebra Hermit Crabs (smaller and more expensive hermits, but I like them better than blue legs)
1 Emerald Crab
2 Fire Shrimps

Hope this all helps!

Greenturtle said:
I would go no on the flame angel, as they need more like 40+ gallons AND are not particularly reef safe.

You would need a refugium to breed enough copepods for a mandarin. Instead of a mandarin, have you thought about clown gobies?

You can have soft corals and LPS corals with the stock lighting.

You will need a 100w Heater and a Kolarlia 550 for flow.

For a CUC I would get...

3 Cerith snails
3 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
1 Emerald Crab
1-2 shrimp (peppermint, scarlet skunk cleaner, and blood red fire shrimp are the options) no coral banded shrimp

I am getting a 29 Biocube too and here is my future stocklist FYI

2 Black and White Ocellaris Clowns
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Green Clown Goby

3 Cerith Snails
5 Zebra Hermit Crabs (smaller and more expensive hermits, but I like them better than blue legs)
1 Emerald Crab
2 Fire Shrimps

Hope this all helps!

Thanks!!! I was thinking of getting an in tank fuge to breed copepods?

You can ask carey on how to do that. I know she has done it. The HQI 29 biocube comes with a built in refugium and has really amazing lights which you can get SPS corals and clams with, but is $500. I'm taking a chance by trying to care for a BTA using stocklights from the normal Biocube in a few months.

Cool! I went to my lfs today and they showed me the newest biocube 29 and it has a built in place for a refugium light and they showed me how to make the middle chamber into a fuge!

SleepsWithFish said:
Cool! I went to my lfs today and they showed me the newest biocube 29 and it has a built in place for a refugium light and they showed me how to make the middle chamber into a fuge!

Yeah, I just saw a video online about it and I am hooked. I think you are talking about the Biocube HQI. You can make a refugium out of the 2nd Chamber of the normal biocube if you take out the bio balls apparently. I love the idea, and will try it :)

I have done this using parts from InTank, which are specifically designed for bio cubes. I live the product and it is very well made. I use the full package which includes media baskets, refugium, and fish saver that keeps fish from jumping into the back

Back
Top Bottom