Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanetweedz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I understand that it comes with lights a weak powerhead and a filter additionally what do I need to buy I know, lr sand salt mixes and test kits

Don't forget a heater as well. You may want to look into other lighting options also if you are looking at adding corals to the tank. What size is the biocube?

Ok it's a biocube 14 getting the additional skimmer for 25$ would a uv sterilizer be worth it and is there any nano ones

Ok it's a biocube 14 getting the additional skimmer for 25$ would a uv sterilizer be worth it and is there any nano ones

That's a great price for a skimmer. As far as the UV, nah I wouldn't worry about that right now, especially with a nano. I was looking into one for my 10g nano but had some great advice from everyone here so I didn't even worry about it and so far my tank is doing great.

I would recommend against the biocube skimmer, really not necessary or useful on a nano, regular WCs are definitely much safer and cheaper. A skimmer will just be another piece of equipment to be maintained, and Regular WCs will benefit you greatly :).

Do you feed corals I'm thinking of getting zoas hammer and a mushroom for the 2 clowns I'm getting along with a Kenya tree

Do you feed corals I'm thinking of getting zoas hammer and a mushroom for the 2 clowns I'm getting along with a Kenya tree

No they get everything they need from the light. Make sure you truly want Kenya tree as your tank will be covered in it eventually.

Could I use a hydrometer instead

Hydromoters are not accurate, I had to stop using mine because my readings were always different. A refactometer is the best way to go. :)

Can get them pretty cheap on Amazon.com

Ill have a giant one and a propagation tank

You will have them sprouting everywhere. I made the mistake of buying green star polyps when i first started. They've now taken over a good 2 rocks and I hate that I ever bought them. Hence my advice to be positive you truly want it down the line.

I have a zoa obsession so I'm always an advocate for them. If you want a big leathery coral, get a toadstool. So much better looking than Kenya tree and it doesn't take over a tank

Back
Top Bottom