BioCube 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If im going to be using a media rack in the middle chamber, do i still need a filter cartridge in the first chamber?

Mehh some people leave them empty, I have a filter in mine just for piece of mind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thats where i put my heater though, so i'm debating what to do. Is there a better place for the heater?

Well my heater is in the final chamber, just preference. If you don't want the filter you could still keep the heater there.

No problem! And like bribo said, I wanna see this awesome list of corals! :D

I really like frogspawn i think its called, would i be able to have one in this tank?

I love that, i definitely will have to get one!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I really like christmas favia (thats what the description calls it) also, would that work?

Figured out a few more. Green starburt zoas, fruit loops and rastas. But the last ones seem to be super expensive every time i see them

Yea definitely some expensive! But look at bribo's, BigRed, or 10gal's threads. Talk about some awesome zoas!! I love them, I'm trying to make a garden of them lol :D

I got my 2 polyps (now 7) of fruit loops for $10 a polyp. Not unreasonable. I can't seem to find cheap Rastas though. Your best bet would be through other hobbyists.

What does a "garden" mean? do you just put a bunch of different kinds near each other?

A bunch of different varieties of the same coral grouped closely together we call gardens. Usually done with zoas/palys, rics/shrooms, or acans.

ok this might be a complete noob question, but is zoa, paly and polyp all the same thing? I've tried google and it doesnt help at all lol

ok this might be a complete noob question, but is zoa, paly and polyp all the same thing? I've tried google and it doesnt help at all lol

Zoa and paly R pretty close. Paly is basically a big zoa. Polyps are most corals. The fleshy part which looks attractive. LPS ( large POLYP stony) SPS ( small POLYP stony )

Back
Top Bottom