BioCube 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything is fine, the goby is still getting used to the tank and the snails are just moving around lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What if they actually do get out of the water? Should i put them back in or leave them alone?

They'll know to go back down. I always catch mine like half out right next to where I shut the lid and get scared I'll smash one one day lol

My snails and crabs did the same thing for the first couple days. I noticed after I fed them for the first time (turned off my powerhead and squirted some frozen baby brine shrimp in there) that they became much more active and were less eager to escape.

Ok next issue, i bought a timed power strip and programmed it according to the instructions, but for some reason its not working (lights were supposed to go off at 9:00 and its now 9:30 and the lights are still on). Anyone have this kind of power strip, or does anyone have a better timer that actually works??ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412559544.917210.jpg

Do i need to wait until those come before i can get coral?

The safe bet is yes because you don't know what levels your tank is at as those are necessary for healthy corals. I'm not sure if your LFS can test for that stuff. Because once you test you can figure out if you need to dose it to get it to the correct levels. Are you using reef grade salt? Then you won't need to dose

To initially fill the tank and get started i bought premixed water from my lfs, i dont know what they use. I will prolly start mixing my own now but i dont know what kind to buy.

So should i start doing water changes with reef crystals or get the red sea test. Or both?

Both, but you can wait until your cycles done. I'd do a few 50-75% changes, should get your levels to what ever your chosen salt mixes at

Sooo my green clown goby looks blue, hoping its not a bad thing, anyone have any idea why? Also i think i lost a snail already :/ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412916852.030432.jpg

How did you acclimate everyone? I'm not sure about the clown goby, BigRed owns one though

Hmmm, are you sure is it dead or is it just stuck. I'd do a water test and let's see what that says!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Water just tested fine, i turned it over last night but it hasn't moved

That's strange! Sometimes you get a bad one that doesn't do well. Two of mine died when I put them in. I'd pick it up and look to see if it's shriveled up or not

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom