BioCube 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smell it, if it smells rancid it's dead, if not put it back in but keep an eye on it. And some snails (most sold at lfs) are incapable of righting themselves if they fall, and will die, so if you see any in their backs flip them over.

Snail was definitely dead, removed it and did a water change this morning. Everything else is looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He hides a lot, usually only see him at feeding time. The shrimp stays in the back of the rock usually too. Looks like i have an empty tank until its time for food lol

Same here. My gobby and gamma tend to stay in the back or under a rock most of the time.

Same for me. My tank is almost fully stocked, yet it looks empty. That's one of the main differences I've found with saltwater. The fish always hide unless feeding. I suppose it may be a goby thing, an adaption to not get eaten lol.

My ocellaris clown is out and about though.

I was told a clown was too much for an 8 gallon?

It is, your goby will get comfy in the tank in a little bit, mine was the same way and after about 2 weeks he got comfy and came out to perch/watch what's going on in the tank.

So with a goby and a shrimp am i at my max for this tank or is there more i could add to it?

Shrimp molted today and diatoms are here, nothing else new.

Leaving the lfs now with an emerald crab and what i was told is a ricordia florida. Excited but nervous to try my first coral

Leaving the lfs now with an emerald crab and what i was told is a ricordia florida. Excited but nervous to try my first coral

shrooms are pretty hardy. can't wait to see

Its doing well, nothing added lately and the crab didn't make it for some reason.

Which lights are you running? I use salinity salts. It has everything you need so you dont have to dose.

Im using the stock biocube lights right now, and use instant ocean reef salt

Back
Top Bottom