BioCube 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would upgrade to t5 or Leds. PC just doesnt give enough sufficient light except for some low light softies. An ebay par 38 will run you about $25. I also wouldnt recommend PC or T5 without having 4 bulbs at the minimum.

I found I had to replace PC bulbs as often as every 6months. Used a PAR meter to verify the bulbs were dropping intensity way fast. Too much money for me. T5 are supposed to be a better light compared to PC. I just switched to LED.

From another site.

Also leds are good for 50,000+ hours. Running them at 10 hours a day they will last a little over 13 years. If the diodes dont blow out.

Also leds are good for 50,000+ hours. Running them at 10 hours a day they will last a little over 13 years. If the diodes dont blow out.
The stock biocube lighting will be fine for now. It can grow most beginner coral.

Also, there's no salt that you don't have to dose for (given you are growing mainly SPS)

anyway, nice pick up! Its cool.

The stock biocube lighting will be fine for now. It can grow most beginner coral.

Also, there's no salt that you don't have to dose for (given you are growing mainly SPS)

anyway, nice pick up! Its cool.

Im sorry. Less dosing.

Attachments

• 1414948315747.jpg
    1414948315747.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 56
A local guy wants to sell me 8 heads of frogspawn for $100, is this a good price or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom