BioCube for my dorm room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a biocube as well and am going to have to take it to college next year. 5 hour drive. Ive been thinking of ways to move it and was just wondering how you transported yours?

Awesome! Yeah, it's not that difficult, really. All you need is a battery operated aerator, a Magna Cart or something of the sort, and some 1 gallon jugs.

This is my procedure:

1.) I keep all the livestock in the tank. I just rearrange the rocks so they don't topple over and break the glass or kill anything.

2.) Drain the tank using a syphon into 1 gallon milk jugs. You can save the water or discard it, your choice.

3.) Stick the portable aerator in there. I'm not 100% sure if it's necessary, but I like to think it is.

4.) Strap it to a Magna Cart using bungee cords or rope. Make sure you strap it down well...

5.) Buckle it up in the front seat of the car.

6.) Drive safely.

7.) When setting it back up you can reuse the water or just use new water. Whatever floats your boat. I put the water in the back chambers so it doesn't kick up the sand anymore.

8.) Enjoy.

Just another suggestion. Whenever I go home I make a new batch of SW to use for PWC. I suggest you do the same unless you want to spend an insane amount on pre-made SW or bum it from your Chemistry building.

I'd like to help if you have anymore questions.

I kept everything in the tank. I had a six-line wrasse, frogspawn, torch, hammer, Duncan, favia, zoas, rics, hermit crabs, an emerald, and some snails. I just moved all the rocks to the bottom of the tank so they wouldn't fall and took out about 3-4 gallons of water, so 3-4 jugs. Just take out as much water as you think is necessary so it doesn't flood your car when you hit your breaks or take a sharp turn.

Back
Top Bottom