Biocube HQI fixture convert to LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southpaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone done this? Any reccomendations how to go about doing so? I want to keep it in the housing for the current bulb but gut it and place a powerful enough led system for sps. Or any other ways of going about this.

Thanks!

Save yourself the trouble and get the taotronics and make your own mounting bracket. I did and it works beautifully. I kept the hqi light and have it over a 20g hex tall tank that I plan to setup soon. Don't ruin it as they sell for $250~ brand new

Shoot really? My girlfriend is a little opposed to me hanging a light from our ceiling in the living room. Why I was looking for a way to use the current housing. Any other options? Kessil an arm mount?

I'll take pictures of my taotronics mount and show you it then. It's an arm its not hung from the roof

Also you could spend 360-400 on a kessil and maybe grow sps, or spend 180 on a dimmable taotronics and grow almost any sps. I was personally never fond of kessils for anything but softies/lps. They are bright, but not powerful.

I would love to see your setup, sounds like the way I need to go!

It may be a day or so till I post a pic I'm out of town at the moment. I will try to get one to you ASAP!

I think I may go with the color vega. Is it worth the price? I just feel my metal halides are burning my corals being on for 8 hours.

I think I may go with the color vega. Is it worth the price? I just feel my metal halides are burning my corals being on for 8 hours.

It's well worth the price. I have the HQI version as well and went with the Vega. It is a massive difference in the color of the coral. You won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom