Biocube29 LED light option? Overkill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These are the same leds I have ove my 20 Long. since they are dimmable they would not be to much for a 29 cube

Whats your opinion on those lights? I want to get some LEDs for my reef tank but don't want to drop big bucks. How's the light penetration? What about the full color spectrum version?

They work great, and you don't need the multicolored units. I would suggest looking at both side by side and deciding what you like the color of better. The multicolors are only for aesthetics. I have both over my system and both color up and grow corals at the same pace.

You can keep sps on the sand bed 30" away with these if you wish.

I got the lights. Now high do i mount and what intensity do I put them at?

High enough so it can cover the entire tank and start them out at about 60% blue and zero white, and work up from there.

Starting there what would you look for if its too high and start to fry the coral?

Have them on but not sure on the intensity yet. What do i look for in frying corals?

You won't see the adverse effects for a few days to a week, but what corals are we talking about? Bleaching, shrinking, melting...
You won't see it at all if you turn it way down and ramp it up over a period of weeks.

Some hammer and frog. Green pol and a few zoa.

You don't even need very intense light for those, so take it easy with it. Just a FYI, just because the LED unit may seem dim to the naked eye turned down, it's no indication of how well it's penetrating. I keep corals that thrive in a similar light intensity as your corals at 100% blue and zero white. They do very well. Even a green bubble tip anemone.

Would you say more blue is better then more white?

Here it is. Hopefully position is good. About 11" up.

Attachments

• image-3966949366.jpg
    image-3966949366.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 72
Just a hook in the ceiling and and metal cable. Seems to hold really well. Would look better I think with some kind of mount but this is fine. Just need to put some sort of blocker over the front of the light so i dont have to stare in the light so much.

Here is my cable pic. Blinders. Its bright but looks awesome. Able to adjust and bring out more color!

Attachments

• image-1583640493.jpg
    image-1583640493.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom