boyu/orca tl450

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russ_gibbo1985

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if anyone else on here has an orca/boyu tl450 if so what do you think of it and did you upgrade anything at all???

I feel the blue leds are quite poor has anyone else found this or found a remedy??

Also what about movement is it sufficient or has anyone added a power head?!

Lol i knew someone would come to my rescue thanks carey! Do u know much about these tanks? Also do u know of a suitable powerhead for a nano??

If I'm doing my math right you have about a 12g tank? If so i would go with a koralia 425, great powerheads in my opinion and the foot print is kinda small so it won't take up too much space.

Lol yea go figure your maths is much better than mine right?! :-/ ues it does have a stock return pump so ill be looking into one of these, is there anything else you think would need to be upgraded?!
Thanks carey.

If it's an all contained system like the biocubes are then other than a heater and power head you should be good to go. :)

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Hey carey yes it has a heater with it, i have took a selection of photos of the setup for you hope this helps??

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111012_164310.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111012_164310.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 201
  • ForumRunner_20111012_164406.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111012_164406.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 138
  • ForumRunner_20111012_164458.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111012_164458.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 130
  • ForumRunner_20111012_164545.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111012_164545.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 138
  • ForumRunner_20111012_164640.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111012_164640.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 144
  • ForumRunner_20111012_164743.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111012_164743.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 181
  • ForumRunner_20111012_164827.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111012_164827.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 161
  • ForumRunner_20111012_164930.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111012_164930.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 143
The right hand chamber at the back holds the filter wool media with the pump for the skimmer and the uv sterlizer, the next one holds the skimmer, the next one holds activated carbon and bio balls, the left hand chamber holds the return pump and piping and the heater.

i have one of these. i went to a car mod shop and brought some 9v blue leds and got a 9v powerpack from ebay that solved that. also i went to the orca website and brought a replacement pump so i had 2. the nozzle on the pump i shoved into the the spray bar in the last chamber. improved circulation and didnt take up any extra space at all.. my first 2 chambers were like yours but in 3rd i had carbon at the bottom and the heater and in the last one i had ceramic rings bio balls and the other pump i told ya about

craig_will2513 said:
i have one of these. i went to a car mod shop and brought some 9v blue leds and got a 9v powerpack from ebay that solved that. also i went to the orca website and brought a replacement pump so i had 2. the nozzle on the pump i shoved into the the spray bar in the last chamber. improved circulation and didnt take up any extra space at all.. my first 2 chambers were like yours but in 3rd i had carbon at the bottom and the heater and in the last one i had ceramic rings bio balls and the other pump i told ya about

Ahhh this is great do you still have the tank?
That's a great idea for the leds do you have any links? Also im confused as to what exactly you did with the second pump?

just go to a car mod shop or an electrical shop. i live in uk mate so no links sorry.. right you see your spray bar poking out into the tank.. well the chamber behind it has 2 holes ( i think ) one the spray bar is in and the second is just a hole. get the nozle from the 2nd pump and put it into the hole with the spray bar. worked well for me mate. i upgraded to a bigger juwel tank but iam gonna set the little one up next to it.

Lol i live in the uk too Craig. I cant see a second hole exiting the left hand chamber just the one my spray bar is connected to. I all ready have my return pump attached to this surely this is the way it's supposed to be?!

oh right try fish and fins mate they do all replacement parts for this tank..if you only have the 1 hole your lucky.. i have 2. 1 with spray bar and the other is left open and i had a nem that commited suicied by going into the open hole right into my return pump

craig_will2513 said:
oh right try fish and fins mate they do all replacement parts for this tank..if you only have the 1 hole your lucky.. i have 2. 1 with spray bar and the other is left open and i had a nem that commited suicied by going into the open hole right into my return pump

Did you buy your tank new craig? I can't get my head round what the second hole is for?
So if your second pump was attached to the spray bar, what the **** is your other pump connected to?

i had no idea what the second hole is for either i blocked it up. yes got my tank new but about 5 years ago.. the first pump is connected to the small skimmier in the first and second chamber

craig_will2513 said:
i had no idea what the second hole is for either i blocked it up. yes got my tank new but about 5 years ago.. the first pump is connected to the small skimmier in the first and second chamber
My tank came with the pump in the right hand chamber connected to the skimmer in the next chamber, and the return pump in the far left hand chamber connected to the spray bar in the tank. I don't get it were you missing your return pump or did you have 3 pumps?!

Back
Top Bottom