Carpey Nem Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craigj247

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I guys since a couple of days back the lil tentacles on my carpet nem have virtually disappeared. My other two are fine. Water parameters are good and my Other two carpet nems are doing fine.

Any idea why this is?

View attachment 96359

It's extremely bleached. What kind of lighting do you have? What size tank is this with 3 anemones?

It is a 10 gallon with led 22 white LEDs and actinic blue LEDs he has been ok for the past 3 months and this started over the last couple of days...

Exactly what kind of LED's. Bottom line is it's bleached from lack of light and is dying. Are you aware carpet anemones can grow to 2'-3' across? A 10g tank is now where near big enough for 1, let alone 3.

Well the other two are really small. And I am upgrading to a bigger tank... I have a 90 gallon that is about 2 months old... Was waiting till about 4 months before u shifted the nems in there... That runs with metal halide lights... Should I try getting him in there?

They are white carpets... They are supposed to look like that... And I have had them for about a year now :)

Yup they are fine cause I showed them to my aquarium when I returned my big carpet anemone...

Back
Top Bottom