cbs with cleaner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How tempermental is your CBS? Mine, when I had it, was VERY agressive, and I'd not attempt adding another shrimp. If yours seems very laid back...it's possible. It sorta all depends on the temperment.

yeah hes kinda aggressive. i believe he killed a couple peppermints. he also goes after fish. hes really my bf's so i told him that we had to get rid of him, hes just got too mean, well now he wants to set up a whole tank just for him. LOL. he said we had him since he was a baby, and we watched him grow and he didnt want to get rid of him. so, a 20 gal just for him will be put up this weekend. LOL.

Hey there, I have a huge CBS in with an adult cleaner shrimp in my 37G mixed reef. IMO if you get a large cleaner they should be alright, however, my CBS has a fairly large hiding space that goes the length of the bottom of the back of the tank and its very dark so he has plenty of territory to himself. My skunk cleaner is not allowed back there for the most part lol but he rules the front of the display. In all honesty I wish I could remove him and get a another skunk cleaner but I think the CBS is a cool creature and everyone seems to like him. IMO its they are great to watch during the night, especially if you have lunar lighting. HTH goodluck!

With plenty of LR, hiding spaces and its own territory it should b fine.

well, i guess ill try it, and see how it goes. if anything happens, we can set the 20 up for him.

I think there will be issues. A 29 gal is a bit tight for an aggresive shrimp and a cleaner species IME.

i think with his personality you may be right. if there are issues, he gets a tank of his own. :)

Back
Top Bottom