cheato in a aquapod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanonick4710

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is I was wondering if it was possible to grow any kind of cheato in the rear sump of my 24 gal aquapod. ?? I think it could be a good thing for the tank. I would at a small power compact light source for the rear section. Also if I do this is this where i would need to alternate the lighing from the front t the rear?? If this is possible and could help, where can I buy it and what do you recomend?? Thanks for all of your help. NIck

I don't have a sump yet, but I believe cheato needs 24x7 lighting.

Calerpa needs 24/7 lighting. Cheato is much safer but IMO it does not do as good a job as Calerpa as a nutrient exporter.

You might be right Scott. I`ve never had cheato. I just know that my grape calerpa is like that.

Calerpa may help with the exchange of unwanted elements cheato may support more pod growth. Though you really cant go wrong with either. I leave my light on 24/7 but it will grow fine with 12.And turn the macro light on after main lights go out.
This will also help increase the waters O2 levels which is good for fish and coral and water perms. This light bulb here from home depot with a metal clip shround from same store will work great.Be sure its rated as same as daylight .GL...

CFL, Compact Fluorescent 40w Twists Daylight Light Bulb

Back
Top Bottom