ChizerBunoi - 24G JBJ Nano Cube reef journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your tank looks great. Sorry for everything not working out the way you planned. I did basically the same thing you did. Now have reverted back to water changes. Dont even need to dose. It would make more sense to be able to dose and have the tank not need wc. My problem started with the amino acids. Caused a cyano bloom. Oh well, we live and learn. Great set up.

I agree with ya. Glad you went back to water changes as well. And you are right, I'm finding that there is no need to dose. I won't be sold into snake oils anymore. But snake oils under a disguise (heheh), always a sucker for them.

May 2012 update.

Picture%2520034.jpg

Picture%2520036.jpg

Picture%2520035.jpg

Aiptasia attacked the open brain and it started to recede from the base.
Picture%2520038.jpg

Picture%2520039.jpg

Picture%2520040.jpg

Picture%2520042.jpg

Picture%2520043.jpg

Picture%2520044.jpg

Picture%2520045.jpg

This is a green coral, but my camera makes everything look brown. Yes there is STN at the bottom.
Picture%2520046.jpg

My camera really sucks. That is a yellow then blue and then purple SPS.
Picture%2520047.jpg

Since going bare bottom (did I really say that online - :p), my nutrients are non-existent. Occasionally my phosphate goes up due to me overfeeding those little guys. I will then carbon dose some sugar to bring it back down.

Until next update.
Picture%2520050.jpg

This tank is now shut down. I moved my 8 year old clown fish pair into their new 90 gallon palace. They get the entire tank to themselves. Now that is Royalty.

As I don't get many followers, I don't think that I will start a journal.

cheers and Happy Reefing.

Hey, thanks so much for writing this journal on your Nano Cube. I got a 28-gallon one a few months ago, and I'm slowly trying to turn it into a heavily-"planted" aquarium like yours was. I just spent the last hour reading this thread and marveling at your amazing photos—honestly, I think you had the best-looking nano tank I've ever seen, even in the books I have.

Sorry to hear you won't be making a build thread for your new 90-gallon (PM me if you ever start one!); I would've been an active reader! This thread definitely served as some great inspiration for a newbie like, and I'll be referencing it in the future to see how my tank stacks up as it progresses! :)

Start one! Your tank looked Awsome would love to see how the new one turns out. :)

Thank you. :flowers:

Hey, thanks so much for writing this journal on your Nano Cube. I got a 28-gallon one a few months ago, and I'm slowly trying to turn it into a heavily-"planted" aquarium like yours was. I just spent the last hour reading this thread and marveling at your amazing photos—honestly, I think you had the best-looking nano tank I've ever seen, even in the books I have.

Sorry to hear you won't be making a build thread for your new 90-gallon (PM me if you ever start one!); I would've been an active reader! This thread definitely served as some great inspiration for a newbie like, and I'll be referencing it in the future to see how my tank stacks up as it progresses! :)

:thanks:

You are so kind and have truly made my day. I am so glad that someone found my journal helpful. It was definitely a learning experience. As such, I have decided to start a new journal which is located here:

Chizer & Bunoi 67 Gallon (Palace) zeovit

Back
Top Bottom