Circulation Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tidders1980

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all I'm new to the world of salt water but find it fascinating so have started to set up my own 40L nano tank. I have every thing up and running like the filter live sand and live rock which I plane to leave for some time to until I consider putting any fish in which will be 2 common clown fish also a clean up crew which I'll Putin firs bin a few weeks .the question I have would I need a circulation Pump for a small tank this size ??

mgm624 said:
Yes you will need a circulation pump

Ok Thank you can you recommend any for a nano tank as don't want a too big of one

I suggest a hydor koralia nano 425gph they are not that expensive. But if you want to go up a vortech either mp10 or mp40. Do you have a wave maker.

mgm624 said:
I suggest a hydor koralia nano 425gph they are not that expensive. But if you want to go up a vortech either mp10 or mp40. Do you have a wave maker.

Vortecs would be extremely overkill on a tank this size lol

Mrc8858 said:
Vortecs would be extremely overfill on a tank this size lol

Ahh cool I shall look in to those where's the best place to purchase them from.

sorry for the silly questions are these pumps quit small also where abouts in the tank should I place it as its quit small wouldn't the flow be a bit much for a 30L don't want cause havoc in the tank

Thank you all for your advice its a great help to a newbie

tidders1980 said:
Ahh cool I shall look in to those where's the best place to purchase them from.

sorry for the silly questions are these pumps quit small also where abouts in the tank should I place it as its quit small wouldn't the flow be a bit much for a 30L don't want cause havoc in the tank

Thank you all for your advice its a great help to a newbie

What do you guys think of this pump Hydor Koralia Nano 900 do you recon it will do the job for my nano tank?

Back
Top Bottom