Cleaner Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pat8you

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was thinking about putting a cleaner shrimp in my tank but i'm not sure if there are any size requirements for them. I have a 12 gal. with two clowns and eventually a clown goby in there. Will a cleaner shrimp be ok in there? Also do they require any special feeding requirements or will it just scavenge for left over food from feeding the fish?

Pat

a cleaner shrimp would be a great choice for a 12 gall... they are very entertaining (if I had to choose between a fish or a cleaner shrimp, I would choose a cleaner) and they dont need that much room. Feeding requirements would only include leftover food :) or parasites...

I`m thinking that for that size tank you might have to supplement small amounts of food for your shrimp.

Yeah when i put food in for the clowns i try to put it in by the shrimp and he usually snags a piece or two for himself. The clowns don't seem to want much to do with them. Doesn't keep the little guy from trying though. once the lights are out and the clowns are less active he pretty much jumps them and tries to clean them. Do the clowns just need to get used to him or will the continue to not wanna deal with him?

My clowns never go in for a cleaning. My Foxface Lo stops by once a month or so (that I see) for a good cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom