Coral Beauty's in Nano tanks debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HookedOnFishh

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I have a 28gal fishtanks just cycling to saltwater. I recently wanted to get a coral beauty once the tank has been up and running for 3-5 months. I asked on my YouTube channel if CB (Coral beauty's) would be a good choice. I had a HUGE discussion on my comments section of other fish channels battling for this debate. I decided to bring it here to forms to help people with 25+ nano tanks to know. "Should they out a CB in here or nah." So, give all facts and opinions you can possible.

Or any dwarf angelfish

Last edited:
A coral beauty is one of two dwarf angels that can go in a 'smaller tank'. The other being a flame angel. They have no business in a tank under 30 gallons. They are very active swimmers and need room of a 4ft long tank. I have one in my 55 reef and in all honesty, I'd give it up in a minute...but not for any reason regarding tank size.

I have a potters in my 40 breeder. I agree with hank though. While dwarf angels are rock dwellers they still like that open space to spread their fins. I wouldn't do one in a tank less than 36" long. The more room the better

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

40g breeder would be the smallest IMO , I had a flame angel in my 37 bow front but the foot print was a little tight as the 40g breeder has a much bigger foot print with more swimming room making it the better choice

The more swimming is the better, but the min would be a 40b. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in anything with less length

Ya I mean my list is
2 clowns
1 CB
1 Six-Line Wrasse
I've heard there angles in a 29gal or Devils it all depends. I think Churb to would work instead of a CB. But, I mean if I put less fish in the tank I bet I could have one? If not... Oh well.

I feel any dwarf Angel in a 29g tank is a death sentence , that's like locking yourself up in a coat closet . a flame hawk would fair better in that tank , just don't over crowd it with rock , dwarfs also stress easier and small tanks don't give many places to hide

Thanks I like your anologly like being stuck in a closet. I'll think twice on getting a dwarf next time. Long nosed hawk fish would be amazing to have in the wrasse family!

Back
Top Bottom