Coral only Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Recently fragged a Dendrophyllia. I thought I killed the original. It was all but gone except for a tiny yellow spot. That yellow spot is developing 2 heads. Here's a couple pics. Before and after fragging. The multiple head frag is growing more heads now. U can c it in the second pic along with the small Dendro frag to the left. The green frag behind the Dendro in the 2nd picture is a Palau Sinularia that I also did. My first attempt at fragging corals. Wasn't as hard as I expected. Having a dremel sure made it easier

Attachments

• image-1698017820.jpg
    image-1698017820.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2109361495.jpg
    image-2109361495.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 96
It's out 24 - 7. I feed em during the day. That's why they're out. At night they fully extend.
Anyone know anything about clams? Got a small 1 that I believe came with the ZOA rock I bought a week ago. I saw him as I was moving the rock today. He was holding fast on the rock and I didn't mess with him. Tonight he was out climbing all over the rock. He's not pretty or anything. I suppose I'll leave him be. Don't see how he can be harmful. Got a pic with my phone. Had to use flash. Ain't good but it's all I got

Attachments

• image-4184036867.jpg
    image-4184036867.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 96
I've only had bigger ones but from what I've herd that when there 3" or less they mostly filter feed and you have to sometimes feed them phytoplankton. But I'm not sure if that 100% right. So If someone else could jump in on that one.

Well, he's welcome to stay. Has to find his own food though. Only info I could find on them was the pretty, store bought type. When I was moving the rock around yesterday I believe I noticed 2 of them. That pic I posted also had a good shot of the sponge that's attached to the rock. I'm really wondering if this might have come fm the wild. I didn't think they r allowed to do that. I could b wrong. They have huge AquaCulture farms fm what I've heard
On another topic. That MP10 I bought. For now it only works with the Radion in 2 modes. Feed and night mode. A little disappointing, but only a little. Ecotech is in the process of upgrading their programs for these. They will fix some bugs and allow the PH's and lights to work in other modes. I can wait. No biggy. The bugs don't really effect me. It's when u start getting into multiple lights that seems to b a problem. Like 3 or more. There's a couple other interesting things they're doing. They're still tweaking the programs. It's understandable. It's still relatively new. By then I will b familiar enough with the system to b able to program my own lighting in the artificial mode. For now, I'm content with natural light which didn't use any brain power to program. Ha!

Aww I'm sorry didn't know about that hick up when I gave you the link to get the pump. The clams could have come from the farm but the sponge could have come from the live sand. Or did you use any live sand or rock? My live rock and live sand came with sponges. I had pineapple sponges growing in my tank.

Again, I'm not complaining. I would have bought 1 anyway. Especially at that price. The sponge was with the Zoa rock when I purchased it. I asked the salesperson about it. He's the 1 who told me it was a sponge and not to worry about it. And I'm not, after reading about them and the Zoa relationship. It's not uncommon. Kinda cool. And the clam seems to b more of a scavenger than a filter feeder. The way he was sliding over the rock. Much like a snail

No, actually. I assumed because of it looking like a clam in appearance , that's what it is. I'll look into the conch thing. Just another mystery. Guess its what draws me to this hobby. I'll let u know if I find out anything new about it

I think your torch is the same kind I got. I bought two, this one and a blue/green one. I thought the yellow one might be a little bit drab in color (mostly because of the other corals colors are similar) but I actually like it better than the green one. It's my favorite coral now.

Yeah. I bought it the day it arrived at my LFS. The owner of the store said he was thinking of taking it home for himself. Called a Golden Torch. Don't know if u ever checked it out under blue luna lights. It's beautiful. Florescent gold. I've never seen coral stand out like this 1

xxStLxx. Did some major searching. No conch. I've seen similar ones in the wild. I haven't always lived in the Midwest. This is just a small clam of sorts. I'm not looking any further. Not really that interesting. Just came with the territory when I bought the Zoas

Caught this hitchhiker finally. He came in with my sps coral. That's where I caught him too! Think he was snacking on the polyps. Pretty sure he's a gorilla crab. Anyone want to confirm this?

Attachments

• image-1785972370.jpg
    image-1785972370.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 79
Thanks. Think I'll give him to my son. He'll c how cool he looks and want to put him in his tank. Heh, heh

Back
Top Bottom