cross your fingers....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
had her about 2 weeks. all params are fine, i checked while she was hiding in the back, one the day she died and have been doing daily since just in case. my other little guy seems to be doing fine.
the day b4 she went she started lookin like she was breathing really fast and almost looked paralysed on the bottom of the tank, like she was trying to move. and then the next morning she was upside down.
im not going back to that lfs again. my last experience left me with ich as they sold me a blue regal tang for a 64 litre (17gallon) tank, 2 clowns and 4 humbugs telling me they would be fine!! so i was then fishless for over 2 months.
do you think my one clown will be ok on his own? if im thinking of gettin him a friend is it better sooner rather than later or does it not matter so much if i left it for say a month???
thanks
andrea

A Regal Tang + 6 others for a 17g. Real bad. 4 humbugs in a 55g is to much fish. They are not caled "humbugs" for nothing.
I would wait, because you did not QT and you really don't know what killed the other clown.

yes i agree with thincat and he will be just fine on his own, he will not die from loneliness if that is what you are thinking :) My clown is alone (well there is other fish but he has no other clown) and he is very happy..he'd probably be even happier if he had the tank to himself since hes always having to scare the other fish away from his anemone home.

Back
Top Bottom