CUC FOR 29gl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm depends on what you like. :)

I happen to love nassarius snails, the ones that burrow under the sand and don't eat algae so i got like 30 of them for my 29 cube! I have to feed them like I feed the fish so i wouldnt recommend so many of anything. LOL

But if you like hermits and snails i would go with maybe 6 of each, maybe add an emerald or porcelain crab and go from there.

To be 100% honest you don't NEED cuc, it's optional. If you don't happen to like snails or hermits then don't get them. :) If you do your water changes, dont overstock or overfeed and use ro/di water you shouldn't have any algae issues.

I got mine from reefcleaners.org. they have all kinds of clearer packages based on your tank size. I got three different snails and hermits for $41, with overnight shipping. Everything was alive and has been doing awesome in my tank. I highly recommend them.

Www.reefcleaners.org

Ftfunnative said:
I got mine from reefcleaners.org. they have all kinds of clearer packages based on your tank size. I got three different snails and hermits for $41, with overnight shipping. Everything was alive and has been doing awesome in my tank. I highly recommend them.

Www.reefcleaners.org

Am in the uk??

I have a bad problem on one rock with long hair green algae

Right....

So I did six hermits, 25 turbo snails, 9 nesaries(sp?) 3 medium and 3 large snails.

If you go to the website, you will at least get some ideas. Plus if you email them, they will tell you what you need based on what you in enter. It is there custom cleaner reef packages. Check it out.

If I ever do yet another tank, I'm going to try one without any cuc at all. Id say the majority of waste in my tanks are produced by the crabs and snails, so maybe I'll go without next time round....

Back
Top Bottom