Curious - Aquaclear 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrMalta

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my 5 gallon tank I run an Aquaclear 20 on the back with all 3 "pouches" in the chamber. Should this be changed to LR Rubble or something or is everything ok?

Just wanted to know before I upgrade tomorrow to a 10 / 20 - depending what's available.

The pouches are a mechanical foam insert, an activated carbon pouch and a biomax/biological pouch.

Another quick question. With a couple corals - zooanthids and LR should I be using just actinic light or are 50/50's the best option?

I bought an All Glass 20G High and right now I have a Coralife 28W 50/50 lamp and a 4 Strip LED light with 2 actinic and 2 I believe they are 6700k.

Thanks in advance!

So currently I am set up with the 20G High - pictures soon. I have the 28w 50/50 lamp and the 2 and 2 strip LED running at night. I removed the HOB filter so right now equipment besides lights are only a koralia nano.

Is this sufficient?

Anyone? .. running filterless right now and I can see like sand debris floating around the top as the powerhead pushes it around.

Should this be changed to LR Rubble or something or is everything ok?

IMO... use LR rubble with your Foam inserts just to catch what every debri is floating around in your tank....:) ( But definetly use LR rubble)

I would replace each chamber about a week apart.
What wattage are your actinics?

Well the PC is a dual lamp so it's 28 watts all together so the actinic would be 14 watts. The 2 LED actinic lights are 1 watt each so 16 watts of actinic light over a 20H.

LR Rubble is what I have been reading as well. Will do!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom