Custom 29 gallon rimless build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can only see what happens now.
Well I think I must have done the freshwater dip wrong because it's looking way worse. But I think of this one goes I'll just wait and get my hands on a branching gold hammer.. My girlfriend and I have finally set on a stock list for fish. It's going to be

Pair of clowns
Diamond goby
Candy basslet

The diamond goby I'll get when the top is finally done. The basslet I'll start trying to get one in the summer

Any type of dip is stressful, and if it was brown jelly then there isn't always the highest positive outcome.
In terms of a gold branching hammer, good luck. I've never seen one in person and they are pretty pricey.

Yesterday I removed the hammer coral, it never opened up even a little after the dip, and it was starting to make even more brown slime and I didn't want to risk any other corals so I just removed it. I've also been very very sick the last several days so I was extremely happy when the new skimmer arrived today! It's SO much nicer than the aquatic life one. I'm angry I didn't just get one like this to begin with. Everything about it is nicer, the craftsmanship, the skim, the pump and impeller. It's been set up for about 3-4 hours now and it seems to be breaking in nicely. I originally had some trouble with bubbles coming out of the collection cup but it seems to be settling down now.1486509063037.jpg1486509071476.jpg

Super excited the mp10 came in today and I am super excited.... Then im looking at the box and I see that I don't research products enough.. It says the max tank thickness is .375" and my glass is .5" thick... I'm going to give it a try to see if it works, I've read conflicting things online. if not I'll have to return it [emoji22] [emoji24] [emoji22]

Isn't that with the foam pad that comes with it? I thought thicker pieces of glass simply didn't use it.
The rubber spacer is for glass less than 1/4" anything more than that doesn't need the spacer. 3/8 of an inch is supposedly the max thickness but I'm assuming they give some grey area in that spec. At least I'm really hoping

Absolutely the best purchase I've ever made, this thing is amazing and it works perfectly on 1/2" glass. The Duncan opened up like crazy and I moved all the corals around. I also got the reef master test kit today so now I'll be able to keep track of some more info.1486682443902.jpg1486682454578.jpg
Some zoas must have detached or something because there is a little group poking out of the rock.

And the top is finally almost done, I know I've been saying that for awhile now but I mean it this time! I just recut the mesh from brs to fit around the new skimmer. And the aluminum arrived yesterday, so my girlfriend dad and I just need to get together to use his metal laser cutter to finish it up.

Easily the best powerhead she out there. I have the mp10 on my 40 as well and the flow is great

So I did my first test today with the reef master kit. I'm not sure what numbers are acceptable or what I should be shooting for. I mean obviously it says in the little book but I'm not sure if those can be wrong.

Ammonia : 0
Nitrite : 0
Nitrate : 0
Ph : 8.1
Calcium : 460
Phosphate : 0
Kh : 161.1

Are these acceptable or should I be doing something?

I changed up my light schedule today, I felt like I just wasn't getting enough light the way they were, I want to make sure I'm not using to much now. Here's my schedule what do you guys think?1486841197995.jpg
The max settings I have are 100% blues, uv, violet, and red white and green are at 50% for 6 hours, with a ramp up and down period and a couple hours of just 5% blues

I would highly recommend against 60% to 100% at once. You will more than likely experience bleaching.

I don't want to call it an issue because I know they are very good, but I have like a million copepods. To the point where in the morning I literally almost can't even see through my front glass. I only feed once every 3 days with a little combination of frozen algae and mysis shrimp. It's kind of getting out of hand it seems. Is there a fish that well munch on those guys but also ways frozen foods. I know to steer clear of mandirins. So I'm not looking for anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom