Custom 29 gallon rimless build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For your size tank, a pygmy wrasse would make short work of it. Most fish won't turn down a pod though.

I see everyone talking about the apex controller and I'm intrigued. I have an issue that I really just hate having money hahaha... I see the apex jr at 235 it seems pretty reasonable, 4 outlets and display screen. What exactly do they do, why should I pay this money which for some reason I'm seriously considering spending

It is basically a computer controlling some power plugs that can monitor probes. It isn't something that is needed at all and that money can go towards something more meaningful towards the system.

Get a wrasse! A six line or xmas wrasse would eat them up. That population will diminish faster than you can say copepod.

Get a wrasse! A six line or xmas wrasse would eat them up. That population will diminish faster than you can say copepod.
The six line would definitely do the job, but I personally wouldn't house a xmas wrasse in a 29. Not an adult anyways.

The six line would definitely do the job, but I personally wouldn't house a xmas wrasse in a 29. Not an adult anyways.

Forgot it was a 29! Good call, go with a 6 line or even a possum wrasse would probably do a decent job on pod clean up

What do you think would be a better stock list for this tank.

(2) clowns
(2) sixline wrasse
(1) diamond goby

Or

(2) clowns
(1) candy basslet
(1) diamond goby

I picked up another clown a few days ago he's a black ice bullet hole occellaris clown. While I was there they gave me a very scrawny looking torch that was not doing well. It seems to be doing a little better but it still l looks like it's hurting.

Here's a picture of the torch when I first got it and today. With an added bonus of a hermit crab that decided it liked a snails shell better.

1487615908173.jpg1487615917456.jpg

2 six lines would definitely fight. That being said if you have the money go for the candy basslett

2 six lines would definitely fight. That being said if you have the money go for the candy basslett
I had heard that opposite genders added at the same time would be okay. To be honest I was more worried about overstocking, so I was leaning towards the other list anyway

No idea there was a viable way to sex them honestly. But yeah keeping the tank stable will be much easier with 4 fish.

No idea there was a viable way to sex them honestly. But yeah keeping the tank stable will be much easier with 4 fish.
I was reading a research paper on them actually and from what I understand all sixlines start out female with the most dominate one becoming a male with a harem. The physical differences are limited but males are larger with a wider body and more vivid color differences.

The cad drawing of the top prior to being printed out. It is literally as sealed as possible. Can't wait for it to be finished printing later tonight.1487693453729.jpg

I'm using a pair of these the way you described them sounds similar to these
depending on what type of coral you have , I keep LPS ,softies and zoa's
from where the first come on with the dimmers I keep the blues about 65% of what the dimmer knob will turn .
the whites stay right at the starting point of the dimmer , hope I'm not talking another language :D anyway everything seems to be happy along with good growth , since this type of coral don't need extreme light ,
now if you had SPS yes you would have to ramp up the whites some but slowly not to bleach or cook your coral. hope this helps

Attachments

• light.JPG
    light.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 96
So just a quick update, the tank has been put on hold a bit, I still do very routine maintenance and everything is going very well. The Duncan has grown a new head and the blasto has several small new heads on it. It's on hold right now because I'm trying to get a house and I don't want to put anymore work into this if I'm going to have to move it soon. Also instead of moving it I'm going to buy a red sea tank, the largest I can get and set that up in the house and move this tank into that one

Hope it works out. I am currently in the exact same process. Sure takes away from tank time.
Yea working 2 jobs and school full time does not leave a whole lot of time for fish tanks. I'm hoping by the time I do get a new tank I have a couple very nice corals to put in there

Back
Top Bottom