cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medic747

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do I cycle my tank with all my nice liverock or will the ammonia spike kill it

Nah, add it. Is it cured LR? Won't hurt to go though another cycle.

Yeah its going through a fishless cycle now just was wondering if it would hurt liverock

Sorry man. I misread your first post. For some reason I thought you were asking if you should add all your fish while cycling. Just reach over and smack me. :)

Its ok!! Im very new to this SW stuff what should my parameters be for a nano tank!!

I am pretty new too but, parameters should be the same no matter that size. Once cycled, they should be Am 0, Nitrite 9, Nitrate less than 10. Lots of other things to watch if you are doing a reef tank. Are you testing your water yourself? It not, I recommend it. I was told API had good kits and I bought the Saltwater Master and the Reef Master. Later, I found out they are not the most reliable. Ask around and see what everyone recommends then start running your own test. The directions tell you what the levels should be at.

Keep everything at < 0ppm (less then) once cycle takes place you should never see ammo or nitrites rise unless something is decaying or something is wrong. Pending on what kinda tank you have will determin what level is acceptable for your nitrates. I have seen FO systems with as high as 50 ppms (don't recommend this) FOWLR could be a bit lower and of course with a reef you would want to keep it as low as possible, closer to 0ppm the better! Lol

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom